Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What I do when I'm not hallucinating while driving a golf cart

I did promise to write a post about what I do at Grassroots when we're not going crazy with Fun Fourth Stuff. I think I'll do this in list form. I like lists.
  1. Data entry. Lots and lots of data entry. I keep up the spreadsheets for Craftscene, Marketplace, the Freedom Run, food vendors, bands...you name it, there's probably a database for it, and I get to maintain it. In fact, that's pretty much all I did for the first few months when I started working for Grassroots. I'm very particular about them.
  2. Go through the random stacks of paper on my desk, realize that most of it is completely meaningless, and recycle and file accordingly. I'm a bit of a pack rat.
  3. Answer questions Peggy and Brenda have about various goings-on in the pop culture landscape. It's nice when my freakish capacity for retaining useless information comes in handy.
  4. Um...this is harder than I thought it would be.
  5. Blog about what's going on at work (how meta of me).
  6. This week, I have to put together an Ops bin for the Natty Greene's 5th Anniversary Party, which basically means anticipating every little thing we could possibly need to use at the event, from zip ties to pencils to duct tape. I've put together plenty of Ops bins, and I always forget something. I need to do better at seeing the future. Maybe I'll work on that between now and Festival of Lights.
So...yeah. That was riveting. And now I'm off to work on the Sales & Sampling database. Jealous?

No comments:

Post a Comment