A new Fun Fourth Festival attraction, Art Can! is sponsored by the United Arts Council of Greater Greensboro, to create a temporary public art installation made of canned foods items.
Architects Shermin Ata of Shermin Ata Architects with Micah Martin and Emily Hinton of Moser Mayer Phoenix Architects have joined forces to design a U.S. Flag public art installation constructed out of Campbell Soup cans.
On July 3rd, Fun Fourth attendees will be able to watch the installation as well as construct their own designs made out of donated canned goods."We're pleased to bring our creative community together to help stock and replenish the Greensboro Urban Ministry Food Bank at a time when folks generally aren't thinking about feeding the hungry. It's a wonderful example of how Art Can! make a difference," said UAC Interim President and CEO Altina Layman.
Want to help? Canned food donations will be accepted for the project at:
- the Freedom Run and Walk on June 26th
- 1776 performances at the Carolina Theatre on July 1st, 2nd and 4th
- the Kickoff Block Party on July 2nd.
- Parade and Street Festival on Saturday, July 3rd
- News & Record Pops Concert and Gate City Fireworks, July 4th
- The Carolina Theatre, 310 S. Greene
- Action Greensboro, 317 S. Elm
- Cultural Arts Center, 200 N. Davie