Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What Will You Be Watching?

As many of you know from reading this blog, I watch a lot of "guilty pleasure TV." I plan my weekday evenings around it and I have been known to cancel plans with actual human beings in order to see said shows. Now I know that most of you are thinking, "Hey blog girl, get a life!," but I would say that is completely unfair. Look at your life. Look at your choices. I would imagine that you yourself have at least one show that you watch every week no matter how bad it is, no matter how many times you say you will never watch it again, no matter that your kids don't have a ride home from baseball practice. What's that thing about glass houses? Hmm?

So now that the awkward part is out of the way and we can all just admit that we are a little bit addicted to the mind-rotting phenomenon known as prime time television, I can share with you what I learned this week. This time of year is always a little bittersweet. All the shows that we have watched for the past several months are ending, either for the season or forever, probably with a cliffhanger or someone getting shot. That's the bitter part. The sweet part is that stepping up as their replacement is the summer reality TV lineup including, but not limited to, The Bachelorette, Big Brother, and So You Think You Can Dance. As if we needed another excuse to pay absolutely no attention during work, or anything else for that matter, during these next few warm and fabulous months.

But, before we can celebrate all these things, it is also the time of year that the networks reveal what shows are getting the axe. I guess for a lot of people this is kind of a downer. But for me it is just like reading a celeb gossip column. Who sucked so much this year that they are kicked off of TV forever? I mean come on, that is juicy stuff! So the following is just my abridged version of the complete list. To view the whole thing, go here!

ABC
Officially Renewed:
-Cougar Town (Whyyyyyyy?!?!?!)
-Modern Family (Of course! If you don't watch this, we can't be friends.)
-Grey's Anatomy
-Private Practice
-Desperate Housewives (Good grief, will this show ever be over?!)

Officially Canceled:
-Mr. Sunshine (Matthew Perry your career is over...accept it.)
-V
-Brothers and Sisters
-Off the Map
-My Generation

CBS
Officially Renewed:
-Two and a Half Men (No need for my commentary on this one, it speaks for itself.)
-How I Met Your Mother
-NCIS
-Survivor (Yet another show that I feel like has been on since I was in elementary school.)
-Undercover Boss (I have cried at the end of every episode of this show. It's so messed up.)

Officially Canceled:
-Medium
-The Defenders
-Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior
-Mad Love
-Live to Dance

NBC
Officially Renewed:
-30 Rock
-The Biggest Loser
-The Office (Which will surely be on the canceled list next year without Michael Scott.)
-The Sing-Off (Never watch American Idol again, watch this.)
-Chuck

Officially Canceled:
-Undercovers
-Chase
-The Cape
-The Event
-Perfect Couples (Bad choice NBC, bad choice.)

Fox
Officially Renewed:
-Glee (Why?)
-The Simpsons (How?)
-American Idol (What?)
-Bones
-House

Officially Canceled:
-The Good Guys
-Lone Star
-Running Wilde
-Traffic Lights
-Lie To Me
I have never heard of any of these shows...perhaps why they are being canceled?

So now that you may be having a panic attack about what you are going to watch come fall, fear not! Remember the sweet part? All the summer trash TV we have to look forward to! And if you get bored with that, you can always take a breather and come hang out with me at the Fun 4th! I will be happy to discuss with you the outcomes of any and all reality television, plus with all the fun stuff we have planned there is no way you won't have a good time, even if TV isn't involved.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the run down so I know what I'm not missing-Watched Grey's Anatomy 3x and almost got hooked-maybe I reminisced for ER days and caught Glee once. Somehow prefer live human experiences that aren't scripted. Like Fun Fourth!

    ReplyDelete