Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hello Friends

Hello again amigos! My hiatus from blogging has finally come to an end. I know you are all so relieved.

As many of you know, I got married a couple weeks ago. I promise not to make this a super gushy post about how great it was and how pretty I was, but the whole weekend did make me realize something that completely applies to what this blog and our organization in general are all about. I have great friends.

A wedding is a time of need. There are so many small details to keep track of and so many big details that have to go absolutely perfectly, that there is really no way one person can handle it all by themselves. I needed someone to help me put stickers on 1,000 little candies. I needed someone to literally dress me because my gown was way too poofy for me to be able to manage it myself. I needed someone to stand at the altar with me and hold my flowers so I could say my vows. Getting married is a lot like turning into a little baby again. It seems like there is very little you can actually do on your own.

But here was the amazing part. I didn't even have to ask anybody to take care if these aforementioned needs. It just happened. My friends were just there and they just did. Plain and simple. Was it probably exhausting for them? Yes. Was it probably stressful for them? Yes. But they did it anyway. Because that is what great friends do. They know when you need them when you yourself don't even know you need their help. And they are there without hesitation.

Now I think of all of the Grassroots community as my friends. And isn't that what we are really trying to do here? Foster a sense of community where strangers and friends in the Greensboro area gather and enjoy each other and this city. I certainly think so. This being said, I find myself in another time of need. It takes a lot of work to make the Fun Fourth happen. It also takes a lot of people. We need volunteers to help with almost every aspect of the festival. We need drummers to sign up to help us break a world record.

So this time around, in my time of need, I am asking you to help me. Will you get really hot and sweaty? Yes. Will your feet hurt for days afterward? Yes. But you should do it anyway. Because you are my friends. And I have great friends.

You can sign up here or email me at administration@grassrootsproductionsltd.org I can't wait to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment