Monday, February 27, 2012

The Social Media Revolution

It is hard to deny that social media is as much a part of our lives as oxygen these days. If you are anything like me, you probably have a Facebook account, a blog, a LinkedIn profile. And the company you work for also probably has all these accounts. In a world where people hear about breaking news on Twitter long before they hear about it on the TV or radio, it is becoming more and more of a necessity to be digitally connected.

I am going to be honest and tell you that I have seen The Social Network about 10 times. I love that movie. And after I saw it the first time, I went and looked up everything I could find about Mark Zuckerberg. Including that he has a dog named Beast and a girlfriend name Priscilla. There is just something so fascinating to me about how much our culture is almost dependent on these media outlets. I mean my grandmother has a Facebook. I didn't even think she had email. It is undeniable how revolutionary social media is.

I had the privilege of attending a social media seminar on Friday and as part of the introduction they showed us a video about how social media has evolved to become what we know it to be today. You have to watch it. Even if you aren't on Facebook or Twitter, the statistics are staggering and incredibly fascinating.



And if you are looking for a great way to connect with us here at Fun Fourth, like our page on Facebook (www.facebook.com/Fun4thGSO) or follow us on Twitter (@Fun4thGSO)

No comments:

Post a Comment