Monday, July 23, 2012

2012 Fun 4th Festival Recap


Some of my friends say, "It's been a minute since I talked to that girl!" or "I haven't seen you in a minute!" meaning, ironically, it has been a surprisingly long time since we last spoke, saw each other, or a variety of other verbs.  So I am here to say, it has been a minute since I have posted on this blog!

Of course, I have a good excuse.  I was planning and attending Fun 4th!  Which is what I hope all of you were doing earlier this month.  Despite the heat, we had a great turn out and a lot of fun.  If you weren't able to make it (or did come and want to relive it) please check our our Flickr site which has tons of pictures from the Fun 4th week.
Here is the link:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/grassrootsproductions/

Also, if you took any pictures that you want to share, email them to me at administration@grassrootsproductionsltd.org and I will add them to the Flickr site!

Finally, a Fun 4th wrap-up post would not be complete without my list of the best moments from 2012.  They are as follows:

1.  I LOVED the new location for the Block Party.  I think moving it to Festival Park was one of the best decisions we've ever made and people seemed to be having a great time.













2.  At the Freedom Run, we had so many great runners that there weren't many windows when we could send the kids off for the Tot Trot.  I finally got an opening and sent the kids flying, but one poor kid got confused at the end about where he was supposed to go and just as he was about to get trampled by all the adults crossing the finish line, I grabbed him and pulled him to the side.  After everything was over the race director told everyone that I saved a kid's life.  Me=a hero.


















3.  O. Henry served as the Independence Day Parade Grand Marshal this year and I helped design his float.  When I finally got to see it in person, I couldn't believe how cool it looked!













4.  Although we didn't break the world record, I had so much fun at High 5 on the 4th.  I couldn't believe how energetic people were, even after they had been standing out in the heat for hours.













5.  We had a new system for food vendors this year, as well some new participants.  I went around and taste tested as much as I could and it was all so delicious!














Thanks to Lynn Donovan for the pictures.  Please feel free to share your 2012 Fun 4th memories in the comments below.  I am already excited for next year, and I hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment