Thursday, November 15, 2012

Black Friday is Almost Here!

Believe it or not, it is that time of year again.  The time for falling leaves, giving thanks, and yes, shopping 'til you drop.  You may remember from last year's post on this subject that I am somewhat of a Black Friday connoisseur.  In just a week and a day I will be enjoying my favorite time of year watching others go to ridiculous lengths just to get a good deal.  I love it.

I don't want to get too repetitive, so for my complete Black Friday Survival Guide, check out last year's post here.  This year I thought I would provide a few helpful links for those of you who will be brave enough to leave your house on November 23.  Also, please don't forget that many local merchants will be open and having sales as well.  Once you get through with the craziness that is the mall, come downtown and visit some of our friends and buy some truly one of a kinds gifts.  More information about downtown merchants can be found here.

I found an article the other day written by former department store employees with a few Black Friday tips and tricks straight from the inside.  I don't generally shop the department stores, so I don't have much advice about getting a good deal at one.  So, if you are a department store shopper looking for a Black Friday guide, try this article.

Also, one of my biggest tips is to go into Black Friday with a plan.  The Big Three (Target, Walmart, and Best Buy) have already released their Black Friday ads online.  It's a great idea to check them out, see which stores have what you want, and then make a plan in advance.  Links to the ads can be found below:

Target
Walmart
Best Buy

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great time out shopping on Black Friday.  And don't forget, when you come back from all of that we will have just a few short weeks until Festival of Lights!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Black Friday shopping is a happiness I think. Black Friday provides the most savings of all the major winter holiday sale days. it can give us a break in our busy days. I am taking preparation for the Black Friday 2014. I am now researching not to miss the best deals.

    ReplyDelete