Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Fun 4th Recap

I can safely say that the Fun 4th's 40th birthday was awesome!  Being over the hill has never been so much fun.  Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate with us - it wouldn't have been the same without you!  Overall, this was one of my favorite festivals so far, which makes it really hard to pick out the most memorable moments.  But, I have narrowed it down to what I think are my top five favorite things from the 2014 Fun 4th.

1.  New location.
I will be the first to say that I was skeptical (and that's the nice way of putting it) about moving the festival back to the historic district.  But I have completely changed my mind.  I loved the area, I loved the layout, I loved being in the midst of all the great shops and restaurants downtown.  I mean, how cool is this picture?!
2.  The bands.
So, I think this is probably on my favorites list every year, but I am always amazed by the talented, professional, and truly nice entertainers I get to work with.  This year we had some really awesome groups that completely made the festival, in my opinion.  I hope all of you had an opportunity to check them out!

3.  The food.
My first Fun 4th I got this delicious and amazing piece of chocolate covered cheesecake and every year since it has either been sold out or I have been too busy to grab a piece.  This year I was finally reunited with this delicacy.  That, plus the 30629468496 calories I consumed in other tasty treats, definitely made this year one of the best yet.
4.  Kids dressed as presidents.
This needs no explanation.  It was just awesome.

5.  You guys!
We had such great crowds all day long and everyone that I spoke with was having such a good time, I couldn't help but be excited.  You all make Fun 4th what it is and I am so glad that we could share the 40th anniversary with each and every one of you.

To see more pictures from the 2014 Fun 4th Festival, visit our Flickr page here.  Feel free to leave me a comment with your favorite memory from this year - I would love to hear about it!  You can also post your pictures to our Facebook page or use the hashtag #Fun4th and we will find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment