So, what is going on right now for Festival of Lights -- a lot of planning and oh, yeah light bulb changing. We are currently:
- Checking and changing light bulbs on over 200 snowflakes, each 6' snowflake has over 100 bulbs on it. Each bulb needs to be checked to make sure its secure in the socket, does it need to be changed, any repairs to the sockets etc. (We call this light bulb therapy...if you get into the zen of the job it can be very therapeutic)
- Planning the downtown holiday decorations -- the above mentioned snowflakes, along with dozens of bows, sprays, rope lights, light balls and of course the 38' tall tree that is in Center City Park -- don't forget the 5' star on top of the tree!!
- Meeting with our volunteer Advisory Board to come up with this years -- game plan of theme, contests, bands, kids activities and what can we do that is new and different?
- Checking with Santa to make sure he has Festival of Lights on his calendar.
- Looking for local entertainers -- small bands, choral groups, street performers, etc to perform at Festival of Lights. If you are interested fill out this form.
Stay tuned to our blog, facebook, twitter and website posts for updates. The countdown begins.. 80 Days until Festival of Lights 2010.