Thursday, April 21, 2011

Yesterday was not so good of a day. I stayed up too late the night before, so I was exhausted and then I threw up on myself on the way to work. True story. So in honor if today being good, we are going to lighten things up a little bit.

If you are anything like me, you love a good laugh. I procrastinate with You Tube videos all the time. It is so good, that feeling when you have a laugh that you just cannot stop. Like you are going to die from lack of air and at the same time you never want it to end. Now I myself am actually not that funny. I do kind of weird things sometimes that are funny because they make people uncomfortable, but as far as actually being a funny person, not so much. I learned quickly that funny is a trait many people look for in friends and it is awkward when you laugh hysterically at what everyone else says, but never have anything to contribute. So, I learned one joke. I use the word joke loosely here. It is more of an ice breaker with a punch line. And every time I meet a new person or need to contribute to a conversation I say, "I know one joke. Do you want to hear it?"

As much as it pains me to say this, I was informed last week that this joke is stupid. Apparently it is overdone and not that funny. And like all stories I tell, I drag it out too long so that the punch line is not funny. Fortunately for me, someone in the group told me a new joke. I'm not sure if it will be as funny reading it in a blog as it is in person, but I am going to try my best. Then you guys can tell me if you think it's good enough to be my one joke. And if you think this joke is also, as it was so eloquently put, stupid, then please for goodness sakes tell me another one. You can leave a comment here or email me at administration@grassrootsproductionsltd.org It's almost the end of the week and I know we could all use a laugh! I will post the best submissions here next week.

A string heads out to the coolest club in town. The bouncer greets him at the door.
"Woah, you can't come in here man."
"But why?! It's the coolest club in town!"
"We just don't serve string here."

So the string goes home, grabs a hat, and heads back to the club. He meets the bouncer again.
"Dude, I know it's you. You're still a string, you just have a hat on."

Super bummed out, the string goes back home and gets some eye glasses and a fake mustache. This time he is sure the bouncer won't recognize him.
"Look, we don't serve string here. If I see you again I'm going to call the cops."

In a last ditch effort, the string goes home, ties the top of himself in a knot and unravels a little bit of the end of himself. He heads back to the club and this time the bouncer says,
"Hey, have I seen you here before?"

The string smiles and says,
"I'm a frayed knot."

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment